The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

2 Year Letters to our Pea Pie

On Emma's birthday I woke up early and lay in bed remembering her birth.
I cried and cried and felt so grateful that I have her and that she is so healthy.
Two years ago was one of the best and one of the scariest days of my life.
I cannot imagine my life without her.
She must have known I needed a hug from her,
 because she woke up early and came into my room.
She lay on me for 30 minutes and we snuggled.
It was the best!


My Sweetest Pea,
You are TWO!  How the heck did that happen???  You and I sure have come along way these past two years.  You had a rough start and I had a few rough months, but now we are both as healthy as can be.  Praise God! You have been the BEST baby! You are so low maintenance and so laid back.  You play hard, nap hard, you almost never cry, you are easily entertained and play well with others and alone. You have so much fun at school and are such a brave and social girl.  Although you are the youngest kid in your class, you are the tallest and walk right in ready to learn without a glance back at us.  You put sassy and Zeebee in your backpack and act like such a big girl. Your teachers always tell us what a happy and chatty little girl you are.  You like to make messes, with water, markers, food, toys. If something is in order and straightened you make sure to "fix" it. You love snacks: cheerios, goldfish and cookies are your favorites.  You ask for each by name along with a "dwink". You still dislike fruit. I can only get you to eat applesauce and an occasional banana or apple.  You climb everything and have no fear.  You are the first one down the slide and are able to climb to the top of anything while dragging Zeebee along. You love the monkey bars and your roller coaster.  You are getting more words everyday and I think you can say a lot more than we think.  You surprise us every day with new words and phrases.  Ryan and you are becoming such good friends and playmates.  You two love to play in the bath tub and you also love to chase each other around the house.  You are fast! When Ryan is happy and laughing you are thrilled.  You love to be included in her fun and she thinks that you are great to play with.  When you are sad or need comfort you look for me.  I hope you always do.  I love to hold you and make it all better. Your smile lights up the room and is contagious! The amount of joy and spunk that you bring to our family is immeasurable. Thank you for all of the smiles, all of the love, all of the joy.  Being your mom is the most fun I have ever had. Love you to the moon and back my sweet, little,  precious Pea!

Love,
Mommy




Emma Girl ..... you have been such a blessing. Two years ago, I didn't realize I had the ability to share my love and then you made your grand entrance and proved me wrong. You are the sweetest girl and it melts my heart when I here you say "daddy" every time we see each other. I love you so much and feel like the luckiest guy in the world to be able to call myself your daddy. Happy Big Birthday #2!!

Love,
Daddy








No comments:

Post a Comment