The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fire Safety

A couple weeks ago Ryan's class studied fire safety.  The guys from station 3 came up to Fielder ECC and taught the kids about what to do in a fire and they let them look at the fire truck.  The firemen knew Ryan and looking at a fire truck is something Ryan does all of the time, so she felt pretty special! On top of being the cool kid in class whose dad is a fireman, she also learned a lot!  She is still talking about all the tips she learned from that day.  Here is what she remembers and the order that she talks out how she will react.

Ryan: "If a fire happens I will go out the window.  And, I will NOT go back in."
Me: "What happens if you remember that you left Bunny inside?"
Ryan: "I will not go back in. I will say 'Fireman, help me!  I need my Bunny!' and then the fireman will say 'It's okay Ryan, we will get him. Calm down and be patient.' "
Me: "Then, what will you do?"
Ryan: "I will calm down and take a deep breath and go to my neighbors house to tell them that there is a fire and to wait for Mommy and Daddy."

I'd say that's a pretty good memory for a 3.5 year old!  She must have had some good teachers. We love firemen!  SO glad that my girls go to such a great preschool and that sweet firemen take the time to teach them such important tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment