The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Munch the Yogi

I have fallen in love with yoga over the past year and a half! It has been such a great hobby for me: physically and spiritually.  I am very addicted and try to go twice a week.  I love the studio that I go to, Karmany Yoga.  Their teachers are phenomenal and I always leave a class feeling so fulfilled and positive.  It has been great for me, my anxiety levels are so much lower and I have gained tremendous physical strength and balance.  I just love it.  Ryan has also showed an interest in yoga. We have a mini sequence that we do together at home.  She is far more flexible than I am, and she really likes the poses.  One of the teachers at Karmany, Lauren, who I love and who also has two young children decided to host a kid yoga class over Spring Break.  I was so excited to get to take Ryan to it.  She loved it!  We had a great Mommy/Daughter date day!  Lauren and Karmen, the two teachers were very impressed with Ryan. She was one of the youngest kids and she stayed engaged the whole 45 minutes and even did an inversion against the wall without my help!  Karmen said Ryan was the youngest kid that she had ever seen do that pose so perfect!  Way to go, Ryan!  I hope Ryan continues to enjoy the same things I do.  It is so fun to do hobbies together!

Ready to go to yoga together!
Lilly and Ryan at the studio :-)
On our mat, ready to go!
So glad that Becca and Lilly joined us!



Lauren, the amazing teacher, and her two kids.
Ryan listened very closely.
Downward dog
Ryan does a better downward dog than me!

Tree pose

Downdog against the wall!

She was so proud of herself and wanted to make sure that Lauren and Karmen
saw her do this inversion.  She did it over and over again until they came by!
After yoga gelato at Central Market with Becca and Lilly!
Car ride nap on way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment