The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

If I don't do anything else in life right, at least I know I picked a great Dad for Ryan and Emma.  (Or maybe i am lucky he picked me!) Chris is a one of a kind father.  I don't know any other kids that get to spend as much quality time with their dad as my girls do.  Chris is home with the girls as much as I am.  Many dads would not chose that. What a blessing that Chris does, and he enjoys it.  Chris and I are definitely a team in all aspects of parenting.  He does it all!  I don't know what I would do without him.  Both girls are absolutely crazy about him.  So am I!  Happy Fathers Day, Chris.  Because of the example you are and the strong role you play in Ryan and Emma's lives, they will  seek husbands like you.  Love you!



Ryan made this card for Chris at Sunday School

Emma made this.
I picked a "one of a kind" dad for my girls because I had one myself! And now, he is the BEST Grandpa to my girls.  Both Emma and Ryan are head over heels for their Pa.  I don't know any other Grandpa that spends as much time with their grand kids as my dad does.  He even babysits them by himself when Mom has other plans (for 9 hours solo!) - that is impressive!  He sees them almost every day, and checks on them all the time.  He is so helpful to Chris and me.  Dad is my go-to for advice and is always there for me.  I love him so much and feel so lucky to get to spend so much time with him.  Happy Fathers Day, Dad.  Thanks for all you do, and for setting the expectation for me as to what a good Daddy is.

Celebrating Fathers Day with Dad in 1985

We took Dad to lunch at Grease Monkey.
The girls got to see a train!



Love you, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment