The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Week 1 of Ryan's Swim Lessons

Our big girl is waterproof after 4 lessons!  Whoo hoo, Ryan!  She has made tremendous progress in the pool after her first week of lessons.  She was able to tread water and doggy paddle across the pool prior to her first lesson this year, but she wasn't crazy about putting her face in.  This year I signed her up for lessons with a lady and her daughter at a house about a mile away.  I had heard great things about this lady from a friend. I was a little nervous because the teacher has you drop your kid off and come back 30 minutes later.  Turns out I was nervous for nothing!  Ryan did great!  She went happily the first day and was so proud when we picked her up.  She said "Mom, I went under!".  The second day my parents took her and she was a little hesitant.  She earned a Barbie for going.  On the third day, I was at work, so Chris took her.  This day she did not want to go.  Chris made her go and the teachers told him she would be fine and to leave even though she was crying.  Thank goodness he did, because Ms. Suzy was right!  Ryan had a break through day!  She jumped off the diving board (willingly) and swam all the way across the pool (under water) to the ladder and climbed out.  And then, did it again and again.  Ms. Suzy and Ms. Jenny were so proud of Ryan they let her show off for her daddy when he came to pick her up.  Chris was shocked!  We had no idea she would get this brave and this good after 3 lessons!  We spent Thursday evening at my parents house watching in awe as Ryan swam all over the place.  The best part was seeing how proud she was of herself.  She has one more week of lessons, I can't imagine what else she will learn.  After 3 days, I feel like I got my $100 worth!  Emma starts lessons in 4 weeks.

After her first lesson.


Showing off at Grandpa's pool after her third lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment