The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Parkland Family Day at Six Flags

Every year Parkland has a family day at Six Flags.  It is closed to the public and when you buy your tickets you also get free Holiday in the Park tickets.  I have never bought tickets for us in the past because I am not a fan of roller coasters anymore, and the girls were too young.  I think having kids made me less tolerant of motion.  (The carousel  at the mall makes me dizzy).   I couldn't pass it up this year though!  I figured the girls were old enough to enjoy it, tall enough to do a lot of the rides, and we were brave enough to give it a shot!  We convinced the Tharps to join us.  We were not sure what to expect.  I thought we might be there a couple of hours.  I had no idea how much fun we would have.  We stayed all day!  The kids had an absolute blast!  There were no lines to wait in, which is very good when you have a two year old in your party!  We did some rides over and over again.  All the kids were tall enough for the Mini Mine Train roller coaster and Beckett and Ryan were tall enough for the big Mine Train. It turns out my girls are little adrenaline junkies. The weather was absolutely perfect too!  We had such a fun family day. Then, the kids got to go to Mamaw and Pa's and we had a fun adult dinner with Brad and Kellie. We were all exhausted, but it was totally worth it.  I plan on buying tickets every year.  We are looking forward to Holiday in the Park in a few weeks. I barely took any pictures (all IPhone) because we were too busy riding rides!
The kids watching their dads go upside down on a roller coaster!
Brad and Chris ready to make the loop!
Emma driving  me around in the antique car.

Ry Pie taking a load off and enjoying some fries!

Kids (and dads!) had so much fun!
Emma and Ryan loved the plane ride.
Britton and Beckett did too!
5 hours at Six Flags = tired girls!
Family day success!

No comments:

Post a Comment