The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ryan's First B-ball game


Ryan had her first basketball game. It totally reminded me of her first soccer game.  Mayhem!  She had no clue what to do in a game.  In her practices they haven't really gone over game situation yet.  They are just trying to learn how to shoot, pass and dribble!  There were some boys on her team who were VERY good.  Dribbling, and shooting layups!  Ryan took one shot, and missed.  She said she had a lot of fun and stayed on the court the whole time.  She spent a lot of time fixing her hair clip and waving to Pa from the court.  I am proud of her for getting out there, doing her best and having fun learning new things.   Basketball was the sport I played the longest and was my best sport.  She may or may not follow that path.  Either way, I am so glad that we are able to expose her to so much and let her decide what she wants to pursue in the future. I am sure she will make a lot of progress this season.

My girl was pretty nervous before the game.


Chris was calling her "the great white hype!"
She is the only Caucasian kid on her team.
I LOVE this picture!

Coask Korey helping Ryan with her shooting.

Messing with her hair clip.


The Tharps surprised us and came to cheer on Ryan.
Practicing hands up defense.
Ryan's cheering squad!



No comments:

Post a Comment