The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

I ran a marathon!

I did it!!!! I ran a marathon!  The 16 weeks of training paid off and I survived.  I had so much support along the way.  During the training, and during the race.  I couldn't have done it without all of the support. Chris and the girls were at mile 15, 17 and 22! Catherine and Jeffrey were at mile 11 and 13.  My parents and the Tharp family were at mile 22 and the finish line.  It was pretty cool.  Chris ended up running the last 4 miles with me to help keep me going.  I was very ready to be done.  It was hands down the biggest mental and physical challenge I have overcome in my lifetime.  I was so tired and sore when I got done that I said I would never do another one.  I changed my mind the next day. ;-)
5:00 a.m. race day
About to head to the starting line.

Still smiling at mile 13! Halfway point.
Finished!
Kelli and I showing off our hard earned medals.
She is a fantastic running buddy and an even better friend.
My reminders of who I was running for:
Mile 21 - Mom
Mile 22 - Dad
Mile 23 - Chris
Mile 24 - Ryan
Mile 25 - Emma
Mile 26 - ME!
Came home to congratulatory balloons, notes, cards and magnets
 from neighbors and friends.
Ryan at the bar with the boys.

Cleaned up, enjoying the beautiful day and celebrating our accomplishment.

Our cheering crew! What great friends we have!
(Chris was at work, and mom and dad were at home.
 Emma,  Britton and Jeffrey were here, but too busy for pictures.)
My medal
My recovery compression socks that Carol gave me.
I had to work the day after the run! Stairs were not my friend.
Aunt Mis took me to lunch and brought cupcakes for me and all
of my co-workers! They were so yummy!
Battle wounds on my underarms.
OUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment