The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, February 28, 2014

Poor Mamaw

Mamaw, my sweet, loving, patient mom had one hell of a day with my two kids. Here is the string of texts that I received from her while I was at work. She attempted an outing alone with the girls and the texts paint the picture so well! I copied and pasted them below.

"There may be a Wanted poster at JoAnn's. I took them to pick out material for me to make the dresses. When the lady measured the material, she asked if the girls always fought like that.
I lied and said, "no never, just in your store." Then we had the girl to girl combat at the checkout. Then, Emma went into her screaming "no, no" routine fighting me all the way to the car. I dropped my purse and our purchases to get Emma in the car and into her car seat. I pulled out of the parking place, and Ryan said, "Mamaw, you forgot to buckle me in." With Emma still screaming, I parked and buckled her in, then opened Emma's door and asked if she needed a hug. She nodded, we hugged and I made my retreat home.
Oh, and Emma arched and fought me putting her into the car seat. Women eyed me in the parking lot. Emma's great now, not sure when I will recover. Grandpa is working on getting her a nap."

This made me laugh out loud, and mom and I laughed about it together over a bottle of wine that evening.  My kids are so lucky to have Mamaw be so involved and take such great care of them. She is so kind and patient, more so than I am.  I am so lucky she didn't quit on me today!  I have been in that position with my kids and I was ready to leave them and run!

No comments:

Post a Comment