The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Picture day fail by mom

I am pretty much worthless because of this unrelenting, never-ending nausea.  I currently cannot get out of bed to do much.  It is awful.  My poor kids are left to fend for themselves on days that Chris is at work.  Mom is in California and so my help is limited.  Thankfully, Dad has been helping me get Ryan to and from school.  Otherwise, she might have missed the last few days. Chris worked a 48 hour shift, so things were BAD at home.  I do not care to divulge the amount of t.v. that my girls have been watching.  Tuesdays Emma doesn't have school so she is stuck at home with her pitiful mom. My dad offered to take Ryan to school, and I gladly accepted his offer.  Monday night I had sat in front of the computer and paid for Ryan's school pictures.  I mentally planned an outfit for her to wear in my head.  I was feeling like I had it somewhat together.  12 hours later, after my nightly cocktail of B6 and Unisom sleep tabs I completely forgot about the dang pictures.  I was so grateful that I did not have to dress myself to take Ryan to school and I let her pick out her own outfit.  Anything to not have to stand up.  Pitiful, I know.  Dad showed up right on time at 7:55 to walk Ryan to school and he even took Emma with him (her only break from the t.v.). I laid in bed and enjoyed the 20 minutes of peace and quiet misery until they returned.  I was so glad that I got to remain horizontal.  Dad and Emma returned and I put on the next movie for Emma to watch when all of a sudden the Unisom haze cleared and I realized it was picture day!  Oh no!  I had let Ryan walk of to school in the very type of t-shirt they tell you not to send your kid in for pictures.  She was wearing a t-shirt with Minnie Mouse on it and "Minnie" written across the front.  I was also unsure if she had combed her hair. I threw on some yoga pants and a bra, grabbed the dress I had planned out so well in my head the day before, and Emma and I ran up to the school.  I knew Kindergarten pictures were first, so I had no time to waste.  Frazzled, I ran into the office, carrying Emma, because somehow she had failed to put shoes on.  I sat in the office waiting for them to bring Ryan to me so I could change her.  I looked a mess and felt that I was going to vomit at any second.  It was bad.  Looking around I noticed all of the "tardy moms" in their pajama pants and ripped t-shirts getting their kids tardy slips.  I fit right in, they actually made me look bad. Their babies and toddlers had shoes on.  It was very humbling.  Thankfully, sweet Ryan came to the office and gave me no grief about changing outifts.  The nurse let me borrow her "lice free" brush and Ryan ended up looking pretty cute, just as I had envisioned the night before. She was a little upset that we couldn't stay, but went back to her classroom without much fuss.  Emma and I made it home where climbed back in bed and cried.  This has got to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment