The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Squishy and Chocolate

Kids say some funny things.  At the ages of 3 and 5 they are brutally honest and state the obvious, not knowing what is offensive to others. Ryan and Emma like to say who they are when watching a television show.  "I am her". "I am the pretty girl in pink". "I want to be that girl". They try to claim who they are before the other one does.  It's pretty silly and can often lead to a fight. On one particular show Ryan always wants to be the prettiest lead character and she claims it fast. She usually assigns Emma to be the chunkier. less attractive girl.  Emma always gets so mad and says "I don't want to be the squishy one!"  Cracks me up every time. When there is a pretty, dark skinned character, such as Tiana or Doc, Emma will quickly say "I want to be the chocolate one." Precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment