The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Girls first attempt at a sleepover.


The girls have reached an awesome age where they play really well together.  Often times it is at bedtime and I hate to interrupt it, but I do!  The night before Thanksgiving was a C shift  and the girls were having a blast together in Emma's room at bedtime so I suggested a sleepover.  The girls have never slept together in our house.  Ryan is a very independent sleeper and never wants to try it.  On this night they both said yes (Emma about jumped out of her skin with excitement). They hopped up into Emma's bed and within a minute, and before I even turned the lights out, Ryan decided it wasn't a good idea.  She wanted to go to her bed. I knew Emma was going to be crushed so I suggested the sleepover move to Ryan's room and that I would pull out Ryan's trundle bed for Emma.  They both agreed to the idea, Ryan a little reluctantly.  Emma was yelling "I'm tho ecthited!". I got them all tucked in and took this sweet picture, I delivered a snack to each of them and turned the lights out. I got to lay in my bed and read for a total of 38 minutes before it was all over.  I even attempted to lay with them for a few minutes, but Ryan was over it.  She was ready to go to sleep.  I had to make Emma go back to her own bed.  It was pretty sad.  I thought we had reached a milestone, but we haven't yet.  We will try again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment