The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Today is the last.....

.....day that I will carry a baby in my tummy and wonder what it is. Through both of my previous pregnancies we chose to never know the sex. It was always a surprise the day we met our child. It was a wonderful surprise each time and very fun to not know. Chris loved being the first person to know and to be able to tell me and all our family the exciting news. But, since now we have 5 and almost 4 year olds, this experience is different. They understand they are getting a sibling and they really want to know what it is. They are to the age where they will have these memories for the rest of their lives and I am so excited that they will remember my pregnancy and that they will remember the birth of this baby. For that reason, we have decided to take them with us to the sonogram and all have a 'first' together. They are so excited and Ryan has been counting down the days. I am also excited and nervous. The level two sonogram is where they look at all the organs and I am always anxious to hear that all organs are forming correctly (not the sex organs, but the heart, brain, kidneys, stomach, spinal cord....). Knowing the baby is growing the right way is what I am most eager to confirm, but finding out the sex will be fun too! From tomorrow forward this will be a different pregnancy experience. We will be able to pick a name and refer to the baby as he/she, set up a gender specific room.....I think the girls are really going to enjoy these last 4.5 months of the pregnancy anticipating the birth. Knowing the sex for them makes it more real. Part of me is emotional and sad (I am pregnant!). The 'last' day of anything makes me tear up and like Chris says "you find a way to make yourself sad about anything!" It doesn't take much! I can make anything into a sentimental moment these days. But, I can't think of a better way to find out this information than with my sweet girls right there with me. So, today I will enjoy my last day of not knowing. This being my final pregnancy, and now that I am not so ill and I'm feeling good again, I am really trying to enjoy and embrace each day of this precious pregnancy. We are about to hit the half way point. Just as anything that is enjoyable, it's going by fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment