The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, February 20, 2015

Emotional wreck

Holy hormones! I have been very emotional this past week, I am not sure what has happened to me, but I blame the hormones.  I could list many examples of unnecessary crying that has occurred, but this one story takes the cake.  I will record it here so I can laugh about it later.  At this point in time I am unable to tell the story to Chris or mom without making myself cry all over again.  Ridiculous!
I went to Emma's parent teacher conference excited to hear all about my girl and what she has been doing at school.  I didn't feel sad at all walking in!  Emma's teacher, Ms. Shannon, immediately started talking about how much she adores Emma.  She said "there is just something about Emma".  I completely agreed with her.  Emma is special.  Then, Ms. Shannon asked if she could say a quick prayer before we started discussing the specifics.  I will still completely okay. Ms. Shannon proceeded to say the sweetest prayer, praising Chris and I for being such loving and involved parents,  thanking God for creating sweet Emma, asking for God do watch over baby Polly and to bring her into the world safe and healthy, then she asked for Emma to find her new role in the family as a big sister and to continue to know the love of Jesus.  At this point I was sobbing, uncontrollably.  Ugly crying. Ugh- so embarrassing, but there was nothing I could do to keep from crying.  Ms. Shannon got teared up too, and gave me a hug.  The prayer was so sweet and gave me such comfort, I was so grateful.
I somehow pulled it together and we were able to finish the conference.  Ms. Shannon confirmed that Emma is a smarty pants and has mastered all of the colors, shapes, letters, numbers and counting that is expected in the 3 year old class. She also told me how lately Emma and her best friend Bella play baby all of the time. Apparently Emma is always the baby and she crawls everywhere and pretends to cry during free time and out at recess.  (No wonder she keeps coming home with holes in the knees of her leggings!) Ms. Shannon said that it is precious and that Emma is definitely thinking about the new baby. I guess at age 4 and 34 (almost 35) we are each preparing in our own (emotional) ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment