The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Shoulder surgery

I have been having some serious left shoulder pain for the past 4 months.  I tried rest, exercising, manual therapy, dry needling and injections and nothing helped.  I saw one of the surgeons I work for, Dr, Pond, and he x-rayed it and offered me an operation to fix the AC joint arthritis if the injection didn't help.  So, after the injection did nothing I decided to get the surgery.  I had a distal clavicle excision and hope to soon be pain free and back to push ups and burpees!  I will have a few rough weeks, being unable to pick up Polly and do my job.  Hoping for fast healing and no more shoulder pain!
In pre-op, hanging with Chris
Last look at my shoulder before the OR
Ryan and Emma entertaining me with a fashion show when I got home.
Big bandage and a sling.
Gran, Emma and Ryan got me flowers.
Day 2 was painful, thank goodness for drugs and ice machines!
I got to take the bandage down on Day 3.
Emma got super frreaked and said I looked like Frankenstein!

No comments:

Post a Comment