The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, July 15, 2016

Emma's Shiner

Our bruiser Emma did a number on her self!  She was playing in the hallway with PJ and somehow plowed head first into our bedroom door frame.  It was a very loud thud and a loud scream.  At first I couldn't figure out what on her was hurt.  I knew it was somewhere on her face because she was holding it but at first I didn't see anything.  Then her mouth started bleeding and I was horrified that she might have knocked a tooth out.  I screamed for Chris and he came running.  As he was assessing her mouth I realized her eyebrow was growing right before my eyes.  It was scary to watch.  I started yelling at Chris to put pressure on it while I ran to grab ice.  Man, she hit it hard!  She ended up with a giant goose egg on her eyebrow, a scrape on her cheek and chin and a bloody tooth.  She is so tough.  She still wanted to come to our sand volleyball game 10 minutes after it happened, and we let her.  She wanted to show off her "shiner".  Here is the progression of the shiner. It is impressive.  She is the toughest 5 year old I know.  She is tougher than this 36 year old for sure!
Right after it happened.  She only cried for about 30 seconds.




She was back to her goof ball self within minutes!

That night after bath (3 hours after it happened.)

Asleep the morning after.


Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment