The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Ryan vs Hoverboard

The hoverboard won.
Ryan came to Emma's soccer practice with me and a couple boys were playing with hoverboards.  They were cruising all over the sidewalk like pros and it looked really fun.  Ryan was in awe and asked me if she could try it.  I let her know that it is a lot harder than it looks and that she could get on one if she held my hands.  I wanted her to see how hard it is to balance on one. She got on and off one with my help a couple times and I assumed she realized how tough it is to balance on without help.  I got distracted with coaching soccer practice and then I heard the scream.  I turned around and saw Stephanie Bangs picking Ryan up from the concrete sidewalk.  She was screaming.  I ran over and realized that she had tried to get on the hoverboard by herself and she had fallen.  Thankfully, it was her knee and not her head that hit the pavement. The moms that witnessed it (but failed to prevent it!) told me she had just stepped on it and fell right off and hit her knee pretty hard.  She was unable to put weight on it and would barely let me move it.  So, I loaded her up in Polly's stroller and grabbed Emma and Polly and we left.  By the time we got home and got ice on it she started to calm down. I was able to move her knee and she could put her toe down so I knew it wasn't fractured, thank goodness. I asked her why she got on the hoverboard and her reply was "I wanted to be cool".  Sigh.....
The best part of this story was that the next morning when Chris got home he woke up Ryan for school and asked her about her accident and this is what she told him: "I hopped on the hoverboard and was doing a 360 and yelling 'rad, rad, rad' when it slipped out". I had to leave the room I was laughing so hard!  Her version was a little embellished, but it sure sounded "cool". Bless her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment