The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, August 20, 2018

More Trauma- Emma's First Broken Bone!

The evening of the second day of school (one day after Polly's stitches, and a B shift of course), Emma had an indoor soccer game.  One minute into the game Emma took a bad fall and immediately grabbed her left wrist.  I knew she was hurt, but I had no idea how bad. Her coach ran onto the field and motioned for me when he got her to the sidelines. She was writhing around and would not let go of her left arm.  Coach Abdol told me he thought she had broken it.  I couldn't believe it! He told me I should take her and get an x-ray to make sure.  Emma never cried but she was very uncomfortable and asking for ice.  When she continued to hurt and Coach Abdol described how she fell I knew I needed to take her in.  Thankfully, Gran and Pawpaw were at the game and they helped me load up and took Ryan with them.  Polly had to stay with me because she needed a car seat.  I called Grandpa and he met us at my hospital.  Pa took Polly home and I stayed with Emma.  They took an x-ray and confirmed a buckle fracture to her left radius.  The ER doctor splinted her and Dr. Pond came by and talked to us about getting a cast.  Emma was brave the entire time and got excited about getting a cast that people can sign.  She was most relieved that Dr. Pond said she can still play soccer as long as she bubble wraps her cast!








No comments:

Post a Comment