The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Mommy and Me Swim Lessons: Class One

One of my birthday gifts this year was "Mommy and Me" swim lessons! Sunday was our first class. It was the day after the celebration, so I was tired, but still excited. Uncle Devin, Aunt Mis and Tauri gave me the 9 week lessons. I had no idea that Chris would feel sad that the class wasn't called "Mommy and Me and Daddy". But after he explained what a big "first" this was in Ryan's life, and that he didn't want to miss a second of it, I totally understood. So, even though the class title doesn't include Daddy, Ryan's daddy was there. And boy is she a lucky girl to have a daddy who is so involved. Chris also mentioned that he was the better swimmer and should be the one teaching her! :-)

Ry loved every second of it- even though she had been awake until 12:30a.m. the night before and had only napped 30 minutes! She went to town in the water! She was the youngest in her class of 7 (and the bravest, and of course the cutest!) We tried to do the four stations as best we could. And- near the end I had to dunk her! I think I got more upset than she did! She is going to be a little fish. Her Grandpa can't wait to get her in his pool this summer! Chris took a ton of great pictures and I decided to post a bunch.

Right before we got in


Mr. Clay, Ryan's teacher, is behind us

















There was a lot of splashing !







She held onto the edge on her own!







Loving the water!















Singing Humpty Dumpty...about to dunk her



She gagged a little- I felt so bad!





She quickly recovered



Singing the goodbye song! (Ry's favorite part!)



Proud papa!

(and the "better" swimmer I was told)


We did it! Can't wait until next Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment