The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"I miss my Grandpa!"

Whenever Ryan gets busted creeping in the hallway at night she always says this!  Along with a few fake sniffles she repeats how much she misses her Grandpa.  It was cute the first time. Grandpa would probably enjoy it every time.  I refrain from letting Ryan call him to tell him how much she misses him.  She asks to every time!  During normal daytime hours I let her and he is very receptive to the phone calls.  I drew the line though, no night time phone calls (unless there is "under", of course).  She still sleeps in her bed all night it just seems like she isn't falling asleep until later.  We still put her down between 8:00 and 8:30, but she has been known to creep until 10:00!  This may be a sign that she doesn't need a 3 hour afternoon nap anymore.  No way I am giving up the nap all together, but I may start shortening it.  Maybe.........I get a LOT done in 3 hours!

She has a few new night time tricks up her sleeve. 
She has creeped into my room while I was asleep and grabbed my big toe. Scary
She often slightly opens our bedroom door, peeks in, and then shuts it.  We usually ignore this one and she goes back to bed.
But, my favorite was when she was sticking her hand underneath our door and whispering to me!  I was not responding, but instead holding in my laugh while we took pictures of her little hand!  




We did let her climb in bed with us after the 4 a.m. toe grab.  I ended up going to the guest bedroom though because I cannot sleep with my kids.  Poor Chris was on the very edge of the bed when I snuck back in to get my running shoes at 7 a.m..  Ryan had the whole bed and most the covers but they were both crashed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment