The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Biophysical Sonogram #1

I had my first biophysical sonogram last Thursday and everything looked perfect! Baby Ivie #2 got a perfect score 8/8. This detailed sonogram observes and scores fetal movement, fetal muscle tone, breathing movements of the baby, and the amount of amniotic fluid. I did not have to have this type of sonogram with Ryan. Since I have been on blood pressure medicine from early gestational hypertension and had high blood pressure issues at end of my pregnancy with Ry I will be getting one weekly from here on out. The sonographer said the baby couldn't look better. She also reiterated that this is a big baby I am carrying and that I am carrying he/she low. I can attest to both! The baby's estimated weight last week was 5. 8 lbs (weighing in 2 weeks ahead of average!) So far so good. The next 5-6 weeks are gonna fly by and hopefully the baby scores an 8/8 every time. If that is the case, I will most likely be having my C-section on either Friday, January 28, or Tuesday, February 1. We go back for another sonogram and doctor visit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment