The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Ryan Loves.....

1. "Baheeee!" (Barney)


2. "Pa" (Grandpa)


3. Chasing other kids around, especially her cousin Eliana


4. "Gulls" (the girls - AKA princesses: sleeping beauty, cinderella, belle)


5. Eggo waffles


6. Singing: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider and Mary Had a Little Lamb are the current favorite tunes


7. Reading books to her dolls sitting on her new toddler bed at Mamaws house


8. Playing baby with her new doll: giving bottle, washing in tub, attempting to put on diaper, pushing in the stroller


9. Pulling out each animal and saying what it is and what it says


10. Stairs- she climbs them anytime she has the opportunity. SO grateful we have a one story!


11. Asparagus- newly discovered like!


12. Ice- she loves to eat it, especially out of Grandpa's glass!


13. "Beep Beep"ing anyones nose (especially her mom and dads at 3 a.m.)


14. Paci


15. Bunny- I am taking bets on whether he will lose an ear or an arm before her second birthday. A little kid asked if she was carrying a dish rag! I swear I wash him weekly!


16. ME! We are in a "mom phase" right now. I am usually on the back burner to her Daddy. I am soaking it up and know that at any moment she will think he is cooler than me again.



She loves many more things and people, but this is just a few of her favorites that come to mind. Some are new and some remain the same (bunny).





She can now say and identify: giraffe, elephant, alligator, hippo, turtle

She cracke me up when she says "oh gosh" and "okaaaaay" (she mimicks me)

She says "mo" for more and "peez" for please when asking you to read a book to her for the tenth time in a row.

She is starting to use a fork and spoon and prefers a booster chair to a high chair.

She says "uh oh" when she poops in the tub and then "poop". That is the first step in the direction of potty training, so I hear.

She is 17 months tomorrow and couldn't be smarter! She is going to make an excellent big sister, especially now that she is showing positive, caring and loving gestures towards her baby dolls. I am so proud of how she can play alone and also how she interacts and plays with others. I know that in one month my time will have to be shared between her and her sibling and I feel confident that she has the ability to handle it well. Not to mention all of the family support that we have to help us make sure Ryan feels loved. I can't imagine loving anyone as much as I love her, but I never knew I could love anyone as much as I love her, until I saw her.

One month from tomorrow could be C section day!


No comments:

Post a Comment