The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Ryan is Amazing!

I know all parents think this but I am gonna say it tonight- My kid is smart! She just gets smarter everyday and keeps amazing us! She is only 16 months old and yet she can do and say so much!

She is talking like crazy! She imitates everything. Not only does she imitate words, but she knows what context to use them in later. Smart! She can sing "Old MacDonald", especially the "Eee Eye Eee Eye Ooh" part (all day) and she can identify the animals and knows the sounds they make. She can sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" in the sweetest little voice you have ever heard. She can count to TEN (she is 16 months old!!!!). We accidentally discovered that she could do this one night at bedtime. I had been working on counting 1 to 5 with her and up until a few nights ago she had only held up one finger for one and said "five". Well, a few nights ago I said "one" and her sweet little voice said "two" and the next thing you knew we had gone back and forth to TEN! We did it multiple times because Chris and I couldn't believe it! We have Barney and all of her counting library books to thank for that! Ryan is gladly able to sit for 30 minutes and watch Barney episodes. I think that is pretty good attention. She also says "owww" when her her teeth are hurting and then says "sowy" (sorry). She got this from me always saying "oh Ry, do your teeth hurt? I'm sorry."

She is doing so many neat things and learns something new everyday! I just felt the need to brag about a few tonight! I am a proud Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment