The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Our Wal Mart Greeter!

I just had dinner with my dear friend Kristi. It was great. We used to eat/study/drink together often in graduate school. And we still managed to get together pretty often while working next door to each other. That was before the three kids that we have between us! Now I am lucky to see her once a month (this will hopefully change when I go back to work- one added bonus!). I so enjoy her company and we have the same sense of humor. It is always a good time. Tonight was too, as expected. Our conversations may be a little different than they were six years ago in graduate school. "So, what's the plan for Ashlyn's first birthday party?", "When is Ryan getting ear tubes". But that is what is so special about our friendship. We relate. We seem to be traveling through life on the same course and we have that same sense of humor. I consider myself very lucky to have her as a close friend through it all. We always have each others back. Laughing through life together is pretty fun! The reason I am doing this post is because I was telling her tonight to write in her blog about a funny story she told me. She kinda thought it was silly, but I thought it was cute. And I thought it was something that Ashlyn would get a kick out of reading later. And that is the whole reason for doing these blogs! For our girls! So, I hope she writes the story about how she is the "class mom" at Ashlyn's daycare in her blog. And that is why I am going to write this quick little bit about my Ryan. It seems silly, but I think the Munch will appreciate it one day. Our girl Ryan is the queen of saying "HI"! She will say hi to any and everybody. Many people have commented on how friendly and cute she is. I am not sure how she learned to be so friendly. Her vocabulary is incredible for her age, but how many 20 month olds say "hi neighbor" as they walk down the street?!?!?! And that is only if she doesn't know your name. Ryan greets at least 6 of our neighbors by name! And she can tell you which house they live in! If a school bus drives by she yells out "hi kids!". Every morning she wakes up and asks for Emma and when she sees her says "hi Emma". We walk into library and she greets her friend "Hi Kendall". She knows all her best buddies names and says hi to them upon seeing them (or talking about them! ) "HI, Ashlyn, Britton, Beckett, Brynn". It really doesn't get much sweeter or cuter than that. And to top it off she has the SWEETEST voice you have ever heard. Melts her mama's heart. If she keeps this up she would be a shoe in at Wal Mart!

No comments:

Post a Comment