The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Emma's 6 Month Stats (HALF a year!!!)

She wouldn't hold still

(and I accidentially had our new point and shoot on a bad setting)




Dr. Nussbaum commented at Emma's 6 month appointment how long and strong she is! And the wonderful nurse Kathy had to flatter us and tell us that we make beautiful babies. We agree, but aren't sure how we got so lucky! Sweet pea got 3 shots. It was sad, but she recovered quickly, and so did I. It is very odd to see Emma cry tears, she never gets that upset.
Eating: Four 6 oz breast milk bottles a day (at 8a.m., noon, 4 pm. and 7:30 p.m.) , three "meals" a day (at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.). Emma is eating all vegetables and fruit and I am about to start giving her meats. She is also ready to start some table foods mashed up. She has tasted ice cream and a whole strawberry and loved both! I am wrapping up on breastfeeding but have over a months worth of milk stockpiled in my freezers. I will happily pack away the pump at home and at work, and I should still get away without buying formula for another month.
Sleeping:Emma is an excellent sleeper at night but can get by on less naps than Ryan did at this age. Some days she only takes one two hour nap and other days she will take two 1 hour plus naps. Her nap schedule is a little inconsistent, but she never acts fussy! I think we take advantage of that sometimes and go, go, go, She does fall asleep in her car seat, and then I feel bad! Emma's bedtime is between 7 and 7:30. She usually sleeps in until 9 (or 10:00! on days when Chris is home with her- unfair! and also part of the reason her nap schedule can get thrown off). Every now and then she will wake up between 5 and 7 a.m. and want her paci, but other than that she is down for the count. She sleeps through all of the loud shenanigans that her big sister likes to pull!
Size: 6-9 months and some 12 month clothing, size 2 diapers (I will have to buy my first diaper for Emma this month! Thanks again diaper shower family and friends!)
Newest Accomplishment: rolling like crazy in all directions, able to sit unsupported for over 5 minutes (with me close by), able to get into downward dog (on hands and toes), able to scoot backwards all across the floor, can get on her hands and knees in crawl position but face plants when she tries to lift a hand to go forward
.

Likes: watching Ryan, stuffed zebra she snuggles in bed, putting EVERYTHING in her mouth, Murph kisses, watching Mickey with sister, sitting in front of Ryan's dollhouse playing along, Old McDonald, bathtime in big tub (she loves to flip onto her belly), swimming, the song Mamaw wrote for her "Sweet Pea, Emma Reese", listening to books and looking at the pictures.

Nicknames: Sweet Pea, Punky, Loud Mouth McGillycutty! (she is a blabber mouth!) :-)
Lil Punkin!

We've got ourselves another paci loving baby!
I bet by next month she will have figured out crawling!


I do Emma's bedtime, I cherish these moments
(it is one of the best parts of my day, along with Ryan's bedtime)


How did I get so lucky???
I get to spend everyday with these three loves!

I can't imagine our lives without Miss Emma

Enjoying her bath before Ryan gets in and dumps water on her



She flips over quick in the tub

Oh my. What a cute little bottom!

I love my babies after baths!

They are so squeaky clean and smell delicious!



Pretty blue eyes

Sweet pea

No comments:

Post a Comment