The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Swim Lessons Completed!

Ryan completed her two weeks of swim lessons! We survived, and are happy to report that she did really well the last 3 lessons. It was too bad that there wasn't another week (after week one I was wishing it was only one week!). We figured out midway through the last week that she did better without an audience. Emma stayed at home with Mamaw and Aunt Krishia one night while I took Ryan to her lesson and the other two nights Emma hung out with me while Chris took her. On the last night Mamaw, Grandpa, Emma and I showed up for the last five minutes. We made sure she didn't see us and we watched her climb out and jump in to Chris. We also got to watch her get on the fish float for the goodbye song! No tears, even a smile! We cheered for her as she came to the edge to get out. She looked very proud of herself. She is really amazing in the pool this year. We spend a lot of time at my parents pool and Ryan is starting to have no fear of the water. Fun, and scary for me, all at the same time. Thank goodness their fence will be put in around the pool this week! She jumps in (sometimes without warning) and goes all the way under the water and loves to swim back and forth from the stairs to us. I am glad she took the swim lessons (and glad that Chris and I stuck it out). Here is her "achievement card". :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment