The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Letters to the Sweetest Pea I know

Emma Reese,
6 months ago I didn’t think I could love another as equally as Ryan and then you came and proved me wrong. You have been such a blessing and an awesome sister to Ryan. I love how content you are and that you love watching your big sister. I’m looking forward to the day I can watch you and Ryan laugh and play together. I love you so much and cherish the time I get to spend with you.
Daddy

Sweet Pea,
That is just what you are. The sweetest little girl. What a wonderful addition you are to our family. We were missing something until you arrived. Now everything is just right. The past six months have been so fun! I have been lucky enough to be home so much. Since you were born I switched to part time and it has been the best decision I have made. I love being with you and Ryan so much. So does your dad. You are such a different baby than Ryan was. You have the most laid back temperament. You almost never cry. I can count the number of times you have cried tears on one hand (and two times were from shots!) You like to cuddle and be carried around. Your favorite spot is on my hip. You put everything in your mouth and drool like crazy! If Ryan is in the room you are captivated by her. I love to watch you watching her. Oh the fun you two are going to have! And soon! You are right on the verge of becoming mobile. I can't believe my tiny baby is getting so big! I love to snuggle you and give you your bottle at night. You look up at me with your big eyes and smile. I hold you a little longer than I need to just to breathe you in a second more before I lay you down to sleep. I know how precious these moments are and how quickly you will grow.
I can't wait to watch you grow into a toddler over this next year. (And see what your hair will look like!) You are already following in your sisters footsteps and reaching milestones early. You will learn so much from her and you two will become such good friends, I hope. Ryan is lucky to have you as her sister. We can all learn a lot from your sweet temperament. Thanks for being you. Our sweet, long legged, laid back, go with the flow, never fussy, always smiling Miss Emma Reese.
I love you to the moon and back!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment