The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Letters to our TWO year old Munch

Ryan Layne,
I cannot believe 2 years has flown by already! I don’t even remember what life was like without you in it. You are the most amazing girl and I love watching you grow and become smarter, wiser, and more loving every day. Thank you for allowing me to be your Dad. I love you and Happy Birthday.
Daddy

Munch,
I really cannot believe that you are two whole years old. And like your daddy said, "what the heck did we do before we had you?!" You are my heart and I cannot imagine a day without you. You make every day so fun and new. We are amazed by all that you can do at two. If you keep this up you are going to be smarter than me by 4! You are such a sponge to your surroundings. Nothing gets past you. You are not only very verbal but you get it. You don't just repeat words you have conversations. There isn't anything that you can't communicate with words. When you throw tantrums it is not because you cannot express yourself, you do that as well as any elementary school kid I know. You get frustrated and upset because you are like me: hard headed, demanding and impatient. You know what you want, you know how to ask for it, and you want it now. "No" is not a word that you like to hear. Me neither. So, although I get frustrated by your tantrums, your Mamaw always reminds me that you are just like me. I know that your determination and hard headedness will end up being qualities that help you succeed in life. I have no doubt that you will continue to grow up to be a strong willed independent girl. I wouldn't want you to be any other way.
This past year you took on a new role. Big sister. And you have held the title beautifully. What a lucky girl Emma is to have you to look up to. You are so gentle and thoughtful to Emma and she watches everything you do with complete adoration. She is going to learn so much and be so advanced just because she was lucky enough to be your little sister. Thank you for loving her so much. We are very proud of the sister that you have become.
So, on this second birthday let me thank you once again for all of the joy that you bring to my life. Your voice and your smile light up my life. When I come home from work you run to greet me and you say "Hi Munchie!" just like I say to you. When you wake up in the morning you call for me until I come. I love that you want and need me. Being able to be at home with you more this past year has been such a blessing and I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world. Since you were born it seems that time has sped up. The past two years have gone by so fast. I am so glad that I am getting all of these precious memories with you. I don't want to miss a second. I really think that this next year is going to be the best year yet! You are about to start preschool and I can't wait to watch you make new friends and learn so much. Happy Birthday sweet girl.
I love you to the moon and back.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment