The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

NYE 2011!

We played with the girls and then watched a movie. I rang in the New Year in my dreams. Chris woke up at 6 a.m. and left for a ski trip to Colorado. I got up early too. I ran 4 miles, did all the laundry, and cleaned the house all before 9 a.m. I even got to shower and read 2 chapters before the girls woke up. We went to church, played and napped and then had a nice dinner with my parents. Black eyed peas and all. Now, that is how you start off a new productive year! My goal/resolution is to have a healthier year. 2011 was a rough one for our family. We spent way too much time in the hospital (and me in the OR). I plan on doing everything that I can control to stay healthy. I had no control over what happened to me after Emma's delivery, but I have a lot of control now! Yoga, running and healthy eating are on the top of my priority list. But first on that list of priorities is goal #1: I am going to enjoy every second with my girls. They are growing so fast and I am once again so thankful that I get to spend so much time with them and that we are fortunate enough that I do not have to work full time. I know I will never get this precious time back. Only working at most 3 days a week during all of 2011 was the BEST decision I made last year. I wouldn't trade the time I gained at home and the memories we made for any full time pay check. And, honestly it has not been that hard financially. We made some good budgeting changes this past year and we plan to continue those in 2012. I have no plan to return to full time work until the girls are both in school. These years at home are so few and go so fast. I hope to never take my time with my girls for granted. I don't want to miss a thing! And my last goal of this year is to become a stronger person spiritually. I LOVE our church and I hope to become even more involved this year and to strengthen my relationship with God. There you have it. My blueprint for 2012.

Dressed up for New Years Eve!
She loves this new outfit from Dustin and Claudya.

Giving Daddy goodbye kisses before she goes to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment