The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Few Updates on Kids Club/Potty Training/Missing Chris

Kids Club Update: I haven't updated on our Kids Cub experiences in awhile, but the girls have earned one. Chris recently got a gym membership and we have been using the Kids Club a lot. It is wonderful! On the 3-4 days that we are off together during the week we can both go to the gym, and work out together. It is so fun! And, on days when I am alone with the kids (or week when I am alone, like this one) I can use my treadmill at home still, but I can also go to my weightlifting classes at the gym! FREEDOM! And working out is my outlet, so it is heaven. And, the best part is the girls are starting to look forward to it (Ryan) and play and last awhile (Emma). When I tell Ryan we are going to Kids Club she gets excited and starts going through what she knows about the gym: "see the people running" (she sees the treadmills on the way to Kids Club), "watch a movie" (they always have Disney movies playing), "play on play scape" (awesome indoor playground), "mommy always comes back" (and I do). Both girls do not cry when we leave them, and Ryan actually runs in. I took them on Wednesday and I got an hour and a half workout in. To make it even better, when I went to pick them up they were both happy and smiley. SO proud of them! And I gotta give the extra credit when it is due/earned. Pea- you won this one! Munch never made it this long at 11 months. But, I also have to give Ryan the credit for being the big sis. I think Emma feels more comfortable because she knows her sister is there with her. Good job girls! The time I get to work out in turn makes me a more relaxed, happy Mommy. And I love the extra time with your daddy. So, we all win!
Potty training update: So, I finally sucked it up and decided to try the committed potty training routine. We have played around with the idea, but never went all in. Ryan has had a couple hours in panties, but has never been able to tell us before she tinkles. Since her school does not require her to be potty trained until she is 3 I have some time (7 months) and have not felt the pressure to suck it up and do it, but she has shown us many signs that she may be ready. I have been lazy and not wanting to start the process. Chris decided to start it Saturday (the day before he left town for a week. Coincidence? I think not), and I decided to continue the process this week. Ryan LOVES her big girl panties and wanted to wear them all the time. This week I have let her wear them and have been trying to take her to the bathroom every 45 minutes. I could get her to sit there for a few minutes and then she would stand up and say "good job" and run off and I would look down at the dry potty. Minutes later she would be playing and stop to say "you made a mess" or "change your diaper?" both code for I just peed my pants. So, needless to say, there has been a lot of laundry done this week and a lot of patience tapped into on my part. Poor girl was trying to tinkle, she just couldn't figure out how to relax and do it. Stage fright. And, she would hold it for hours! So, this "fun" routine went on all week. And all the grandparents helped out too. On the days I worked this week Gran, Gramma, Mamaw and Pa kept the girls and helped me keep up the potty training efforts. Big things happened today while I was at work. RYAN TINKLED IN THE POTTY! Not just one time while I was at work, but TWO times, and I witnessed the second one! I think she is finally figuring out how to control it and what the feeling is before she starts going. This is huge! I am so proud of her. And, she is very proud of herself. She goes back to school tomorrow and I am going to send her in a pull-up but ask that they take her to the bathroom to potty instead of diaper change. I can't wait to hear how she does. Her Daddy is going to be so proud of his big girl when he gets home tomorrow and sees for himself!
And that leads me to update #3- Missing Chris: I miss him a ton. He gets home tomorrow at 4:00 and I can't wait to see him. Although I have had a good week (thanks to all the help I get from our parents), life is so much better when he is here. I could never do this parenting job, or at least not as well, without him (and my parents!) helping me. I need his humor, his patience, his support. The girls need him and miss him so much. Ryan is very excited to see her Daddy tomorrow and I know Emma will bounce on her knees and clap her hands when she sees him. The humor he brings to our everyday situations is priceless. He can make me laugh when I want to cry. Love him, miss him, and he can't get home soon enough. I am glad he got this opportunity to relax and enjoy some time away. And I am VERY excited for my trip to Vegas with my friends in March.



Big girl Emma spending some one on one time with Mamaw.
First time in the sand box, and Mamaw said she didn't try to eat any!


Ryan's reward for tinkling in the potty: Mamaw took her to ride the horsie!


Wait to go, Ryan! And, thank you Mamaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment