The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Preparing for Pea's party.

Lesson to self. Learn more about flowers and when they are in season before you give your baby a nickname. And, even more importantly don't plan a birthday party after her nickname when the flower is not in bloom. Otherwise you will have to spend hours making sweet pea flowers out of wire and crepe paper! Oh well! I cannot imagine any other nickname for my little Pea Pie, and my latest craft turned out pretty cute. Thanks to my hubby and mom helping me. Thankfully, Mom steered me away from the gum paste sweet peas I considered trying to make. These were hard enough!

Sweet Daddy looking thrilled to help!
Mamaw- always willing to help me (and with a smile!)

My first sweet pea

(I think it took me 45 minutes!)

Slowly but surely we are filling the vase.

Mamaw hard at work!

Chris is always really good at crafts. And, I think he really likes it.

We got one vase full.

(8 flowers in 2 hours)

Pretty Mamaw with the pretty flowers.

Ta-Da!

The next morning when Ry saw the flowers she said

"don't pick the flowers" and she took a big whiff to smell them.

Our fake sweet peas fooled 1 person! :-)

I also made Emma a sign.



I cannot believe my Sweet Pea will be ONE on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment