The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Moms Second Race

After the Jiggle Butt Run


My mom rocks! She completed her second race this past weekend. I didn't have my phone with me to catch her in action but she did great. We ran in the Arlington Jiggle Butt Run, an all ladies race. Once again we had a good time and I knocked a little more time off my run (I finished second in the age group they put me in, except it was 35-39! and I am only almost 32!) Mom could tell that she hadn't been running a lot over the holidays and said this race was a little more challenging than the last. She never walked though, and still got 5th place (in the age group they put her in 60-64, she is 59!) I hope we continue this fun and healthy hobby together. And I hope I can be as brave as her and try something new at 59 and succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment