The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A new tradition that I will cherish forever!

My good friend Roxie started this tradition at her house when her girls were one and two. She gave me the idea and I ran with it this year! The idea is to have my girls paint a piece of Christmas dinnerware every year and by the time they are grown and move out I will have a whole set of Christmas dishes made by my girls. Love the idea! So, I started my set off this year with a platter with the girls hand prints on it. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I am even more excited for a few years down the road when the girls can do all of the painting. I know they will be much more talented than me.

Our first Christmas masterpiece!
The girls hands are the reindeer horns and Chris and my fingerprints are the lights :-)

1 comment: