The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Preschool sign up for Pea

Last month we signed up Ryan for preschool again next year.  We didn't think we could sign Pea up because she turns two after January 1, 2013. I was a little bummed that she would have to wait a whole year more to start.  She loves other kids and does so well at Kids Club, library story time, and Sunday School that I know she will enjoy preschool as much as Ryan does.  This past weekend I took Ryan to a birthday party of a friend of hers from preschool.  I got to talking with the other moms about how much we love Fielder ECC and I mentioned that my younger daughter just misses the cut off to start next year.  The mom of the birthday girl, who also has a set of twins a few months older than Emma, told me she thought they would let Emma start a little early since she is only 28 days shy of the age limit.  I thought about it and talked to Chris and decided to call the school and see.  I am not sure if anyone remembers my post about getting Ryan signed up for preschool, but it was competitive and stressful!  Thankfully, once you have a kid enrolled it is a piece of cake to get your next kid in.  And, when I called they told me they would make an exception and let Emma start next year.  I was suddenly sad when the nice lady told me that she would add Pea to the Little Ducks (youngest age) two year old class. I had hoped they would let her start and at the same time I also hoped they would not!  I know it will be good for her, but I am not sure I will be ready for it all!  If they had told me no then I wouldn't have felt like I was holding her back, we were just following the rules.  I could have savored one more year of her at home all the time. I almost said "never mind, I think I will wait until next year", but I didn't.  Then, I almost called her back the next day to take Emma off the list.  But, I didn't.  I cannot only think about what is best for me.  It will be great for her. She will have the same schedule that Ryan has right now (Wednesday and Fridays 9-2:30).  And, Ryan will also be going to school on Mondays next year so I will still get some alone time with Emma Monday mornings. It will be great. She will make new friends and learn so much. And, if she doesn't enjoy it I will pull her out.  It's that simple (I keep reminding myself). Chris and I won't know what to do with ourselves on Wednesday and Fridays!  My second baby is already going to start preschool next fall.  WTH!??!? Does this ride ever slow down?

No comments:

Post a Comment