The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mardi Gras Girl

I used to love celebrating Mardi Gras back in the day!  When I used to bar tend on 6th Street in Austin it was a fun time!  Sometimes, Fat Tuesday even fell on or around my birthday. Now, those were the good ol' days!  This year I got invited to a Mardi Gras craw fish boil.  Unfortunately, it was on Sunday (C shift).  I didn't think I would be able to go.  I couldn't imagine managing both kids by myself in a party environment.  Emma loves to run wherever she isn't supposed to, and fast.  I figured it would be too much for me to handle and probably too much for the party!  I love craw fish, but not bad enough for that risky endeavor!  I had decided I wasn't gonna go, but after church the weather was so pretty and I decided maybe I'd give it a shot.  My decision was made easier when Mom was kind enough to offer to keep Emma so she could nap and so that Ryan and I could have a Mardi Gras date day!  Boy, did we!  I went with no expectations- always smart when dealing with a 3.5 year old.  I wasn't sure if we would drive 20 minutes, struggle to park, stay fifteen minutes, wear out our welcome and drive right back home. Well, I underestimated Ryan!  She had a blast and was the life of the party.  I had to make her leave when it was time to go and everyone was sad to see us (her) leave.  She is a social girl and does not like for the good times to end.  I wonder who she gets that from?  :-)
Expectations were extremely low at this point.
Ryan fell asleep when we were 10 minutes from the party.
I really started second guessing my decision to let her skip her nap.
She woke right up in a good mood when I parked and asked where the party was!
She was mesmerized by the live "fishies"!
One of the hosts was named Ryan!
Both Ryan's had bows on their shirts!
Instant buddies!
The dog at the party was named Emma!
Instant buddies!
Ryan loved Emma's kisses.
Ryan loved the music and did a lot of dancing for us!
And singing!
LOVE this pretty shot of my Munch!
Yum!
Ryan preferred to play with her food, not eat it!
Our silly time.


Ryan ate about 50 carrots and 100 olives.
She cleaned house on the Bloody Mary bar!





Watching the Oak Cliff Mardi Gras Parade with Echo.

I had a great day with my party girl!
Next year I will take both girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment