The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, April 6, 2015

Baby Emma

Emma definitely knows a change is a coming.  Not only is she hitting me when I am weak (at bedtime on C-shifts) but she is wanting lots of extra mommy cuddles and for me, and only me, to do everything for her. Precious and sweet, but also exhausting at 9+ months pregnant.  I love the snuggles but the demanding I do EVERYthing for her when others are ready and willing to help can be exhausting.  She has also started to show a few signs of regression and likes to pretend that she is baby Polly.  She crawls around at school pretending to be a baby (and making holes in all of her tights and leggings). I have caught her attempting to breastfeed from Ryan (frightening! and also a sign that Ryan is trying to figure things out too).  While setting up Polly's room and toys Emma had trouble understanding that the toys were for Polly and not for her.  She kept saying "but these were mine when I was a tiny baby, not baby Polly's".  She has asked to be put in the crib, the swing and to be burped.  She also asks for pacifiers and fake cries.  My little Pea is about to be a big sister. Her little identity is about to change.  She will no longer be the 'baby' in the family.  I know she will love and shine in her new role as big sis, but the mom guilt sure does have me weak when it comes to enforcing rules and sleeping in her own bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment