The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, April 10, 2015

She is here! Pollyanna Jane Ivie!

Born 4/10/15 at 7:45 a.m. weighing 6 pounds 13 ounces and 19 3/4 inches long.
I was able to have my "gentle" c-section that I wanted and I got to watch her be born. It was hands down the most incredible experience of my life.  Chris and Mom (who was allowed to also be in the OR) both got video tape of her being pulled from my body.  Such an amazing thing to experience and have on video forever.  Polly was a difficult delivery and I had to get a new incision on my belly (the old one from Ryan and Emma was too low because of all of my bladder adhesions).  They also had to make a very high uterine incision that caused me to lose a lot of blood.  I was also told mid-operation by my doctor that it was a good thing this was my last baby because medically she needed to be it. Along with being my most amazing c-section it was also my most painful.  They had to tug and push a lot to get her out and then the tubal and closing everything was also uncomfortable and took awhile.  Unlike my other 2 c-sections where I was given versed during closure (so I would be out of it and not remember) I did not get any medication like that because I was holding Polly the entire time.  She never left the OR and was pulled from me and immediately placed on my chest where they completed all of her assessments while on me.  I got to lay eyes on her and hold her first.  So special, and so unlike my other two experiences.  They only took her off of me when I asked them to at the end of the surgery when I started to feel like I might throw up.  At that point they were able to weigh her in the OR and wrap her up and Chris and Mom got to hold her. Then she was placed back on me and she and I went back to our room to recover.  All the other grandparents were there waiting to see her. (I need to get the pics from them to post.) She immediately started breast feeding like a champ!  My easiest baby to latch. She is an amazing gift and she completes our family! Here are pics from the special day she arrived.  One of the three best days of my life that can never be topped!
My last pregnancy "selfie" at 4:00 a.m. the day Polly was born.
I barely slept I was so anxious and emotional.
I know I will miss my baby belly.
Excited and ready to meet Miss Pollyanna!
Last pregnancy picture ever for me. Sob!
Soon to be parents of THREE PRECIOUS gifts from God.
I couldn't stop crying and saying "oh my gosh!"
Watching them pull her out and then immediately holding her was incredible. 










So, so happy!



Proud Pa
Awesome moment when the girls met their new sister!


Getting a shot. Ryan there to comfort her. 
First bath at 6 hours old. Ryan and Emma got to help.
Polly was not a fan!


Chris completing his first diaper change with Polly.



My dear friend Kristi came to visit. 
Brad and Chris celebrating with a cold beer!

Daddy wore out. 

Our first selfie together :-)
Welcome to the world sweet Pollyanna Jane.
You were prayed for and are so loved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment