The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

5 Weeks Old

Miss Emma is already 5 weeks old! Wow- spend a couple of weeks in the hospital and the first month is a blur! She spent her first full night in her own bedroom last night and I slept GREAT! It was reassuring to have her in our room when we brought her home from the hospital after her breathing difficulties, and then it was nice after my complications to not have to get out of bed. BUT- it is SO much nicer to have her in her own room where I don't hear every sound! I think she and I both rested better. She only woke up twice to eat and went right back to sleep. It is also a lot easier (and less messy) to change her diaper on a changing table instead of in the bed. Oh yeah- and Chris is still sleeping well, in case anyone is wondering!
Today, I ventured out to library story time alone with the two kids. It was quite an adventure, but we all made it home! And Ry had a blast as usual. Not sure when I will be brave enough to attempt any other public outings alone, but I was proud of this first accomplishment.
My Aunt, Uncle, Mom and Dad have really saved the day for me. I have gotten so much help with the kids while I heal. Mom has spent the night with me and come over early in the mornings trying to prevent me from lifting Ryan in and out of her crib. Aunt Mis and Uncle came over and played with the girls one evening and I got to run an errand alone! I walked around CVS for 30 minutes. It was lovely! Aunt Mis also brought a bunch meals over and stocked our freezer. We are so thankful for all of their help. I go to the doctor tomorrow to get my sutures out and hopefully I will be able to start doing more. I have to get the hang of handling these two on my own sooner or later!
Emma is getting so big!
Ryan is such a big helper

She always says "Hi Emma!"
And she will even gently touch her :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment