The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Many Faces of Emma

Sweet Emma is growing like a weed! And really starting to get a personality! I love to make her smile during diaper changes, especially in the morning! She is such an easy, happy baby. I have been blessed again with a great sleeper (thank you God!). I feel like I am starting to get good rest as she stretches out her feedings during the nights. Emma's only problem (besides not breathing in the first 48 hours) has been her spitting up. I honestly think the spitting up may have been part of her problem with breathing. I feel like Emma was unable to manage her spitting up those first few days and she would just give up. Thankfully, she figured out how to manage the reflux by spitting it up instead of stopping breathing. I was hoping that she would grow out of the spitting up, or that it would decrease. So far it has not. I took her to the doctor yesterday to decide if she has reflux, and if so get some medication. I don't think she has a serious case of reflux though. Ryan never spit up, so to me Emma spits up a lot, but other moms have told me it could be a lot worse. The doctor was almost hesitant to medicate her because she is gaining weight so well. She weighed 10 lbs 12 ounces (she gained 12 oz in 2 weeks!). We decided to start her on Zantac and see if she spits up less. We go back in 2 weeks for her 2 month visit and will decide if it is helping.
Here are some pictures of my little Miss!
Giggly girl
So happy!
Serious
Hungry!
Full
Totally Relaxed
In Heaven
Trying out the swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment