The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Miss Emma's One Month Stats

Weight: 10 lbs (50th%)

Length: 22.75 inches (90th%)

Head Circumference: 37 cm (95th%)

Hair: sparse and dark

Eyes: dark blue

Eating: she is breastfed every 3 hours throughout the day and I just started letting her go longer than 3 hours overnight, and waking up on her own to eat, two nights ago. Last night she made it 4.5 hours. She has taken a few pumped bottles and easily downs 3.5-4 ounces! She is a pig! And she spits up a lot (I think because she eats so fast, and overeats!)

Sleeping: She usually goes to bed around 8 p.m. and sleeps until 9 or 10 a.m. (with 3 feedings I wake her for in between). Her alert, awake times during the day are the 30 minutes to an hour after she eats. (Yay for Baby Wise!). She sometimes stays awake the entire time between her 10a.m. and 1p.m. feeding. She usually gets at least 2 long naps a day. She is ready to sleep in her room in her crib, and we are comfortable with that idea too, but I need to heal a little bit more before we make the move. She will stay in our room in the co-sleeper until I get my sutures out next week.

Size: still fits into some newborn clothes, but her feet are way too big for footed newborn clothes or newborn socks. 0-3 month clothes are almost perfect. She still wears newborn diapers, but those days are numbered!

Likes: eating, outside, baths, pacifier, napping on her tummy, being rocked

Newest Accomplishment: able to track objects, able to turn her head while laying on her tummy



Emma has proven to be a go with the flow baby so far. She doesn't fuss often and has adapted to my schedule for her like clock work. She knows when 3 hours is up and is ready to eat! She makes the funniest slurps and gulps and sweet little moans while she nurses. It makes me sad that half of her life so far has been spent at Parkland Hospital, but it makes me happy to know that I was right there with her the whole time. And she was right there with me. Love my new buddy so much! We plan to spend all of this second month at home with Daddy and Ry!



Compared to Ryan, Emma has a longer face, bigger nose and smaller eyes



She likes to spread out and take a nap!



Both my kids are not fans of the swaddle!
We still try to swaddle her at night but she breaks free!


This expression cracks me up! And so does the double chin!


No comments:

Post a Comment