The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Mommy always comes back."

This is what Ryan says when we talk about school. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening we talk about the next day and how she will go to school. I remind her of the fun she will have in P.E. and she always says "somersaults". I remind her of the beautiful artwork she makes and she always says "you color". I remind her of her teachers and friends and she always says "Ms. Nelda, Ms. Erica, Julsie and Jake". She usually talks about her nap mat and says "you lay down on your nap mat" and "wake up!". She also says "you eat your lunch, mmmmmm". It's so cute to hear her mimic the things that are said to her at school. I especially like when she says "you did so good", mimicking what I say to her when I pick her up. But, my very favorite thing that she says during these conversations the night before and when I drop her off is this: "Mommy always comes back". It is how she comforts and reassures herself that she will be okay without me for a little while and that I will come back. And I always will. I want that thought to always be with her. I miss her while she is gone, and while I am away from her I can't wait to get back to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment