The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Preparing for Ryan's first day of PRESCHOOL!

Oh my gosh! It is already time. Our baby is starting preschool tomorrow. I am so excited and nervous for her I don't know if I will sleep tonight! I think she is going to LOVE it. I have always liked school and learning and I think she is a lot like me. I also liked the social part, too.
:-)
We have been preparing all week for the big day tomorrow. Monday night we attended Parent's Night. Chris took an hour off work to come, so he arrived in uniform. The teachers already asked about him coming up when the have fire safety day! Ry will love that (so will Chris)! At Parents Night we got a copy of the schedule and curriculum. Which both blew my mind. P.E, Art, Music Class! Two teachers for sixteen 2 year olds! Ms. Nelda and Ms. Erica are braver women than me! We got to ask questions and see the classroom. We learned that Ryan is in the Little Lamb class and that a girl from her swim lessons is in her class too (the dad recognized Chris). I also overheard a mother telling the teacher that one of her twins bites and the other one holds her breath until she passes out when she is mad. I really started biting my nails at that point. We learned that Ryan has to wear socks and shoes, no flip flops, she cannot have paci or bunny unless it is nap time, and they will only call us if she cries for more than an hour. (I have 10 nail-less nubs now). It was very informative and also crazy to be sitting at those tiny desks envisioning Ryan sitting there with 15 other kids. I asked questions (of course) and we left very excited (and I was anxious).
The next morning was "Meet the Teacher", and we got to bring Ryan to meet her teachers and see her classroom. She promoted at Sunday School last week and her preschool classroom is in the same hallway as her new Sunday School classroom. She was pretty shy and held on tight to bunny. We met a few of her classmates. One in particular I fell in love with. Jules. She is tiny and has the cutest glasses. She was enamored by Emma and wanted to sit in Chris' lap. Just precious. We have been talking about Jules and her cute glasses ever since. Ryan is excited to see Jules tomorrow!
I just finished packing her backpack and making her lunch. She is ready to go. Chris will be home in the morning and we will drop her off together. I will definitely need his support! I know she will be in great hands and have a great time, but I sure will miss her. I am already excited for 2:30 tomorrow afternoon to get here so I can hear all about her day when I pick her up! I know Em is gonna miss her too.

Her schedule and curriculum
Mamaw and Pa got her some new school shoes!

Sitting at her table

Daddy was close by

Ryan was excited to see the baby doll area.

They didn't have toys out today but promised Ryan they would have lots of

babies for her to play with tomorrow. After seeing Jules hug all over Emma

I think that is where Ryan and her will hang!

Sweet Pea hanging out at the indoor play scape.

I think she is jealous that she doesn't get to start school!

I am really gonna enjoy my one on one time with her.

Cutest Nap Mat EVER!

Ryan trying it out

She loved the "covers"

Ry picked out a princess back pack.

She saw it and shouted "the girls, wanna hold it".

Her lunch box,

packed and ready with a note from us to go inside

Calming my nerves

No comments:

Post a Comment