The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cali 1/2 Marathon Trip

California was so fun!  The weather was perfect and we crammed a lot into our 5 days away. Including a half marathon in San Jose!  That was my favorite part.  I failed to take a lot of pictures.  I like to photograph the kids, not us, so I didn't take very many.  Here are a few pics that I did take and I will tell the story of our vacation along the way.

On the plane bright and early Friday!
Thanks Dad, for the early ride to the airport.

Our first drive across the Golden Gate Bridge.

Fish and Chips in Sausalito

I was starving!

First cold beers by the water.

Great weather and view!

Chris chillaxin'!

Delicious local beer.

Drive back over the GG!

China Town

I thought China Town was kinda gross and dirty.



Chris at Red Jacks Bar
(Our favorite pub of the trip!)

They had games!!!!!

Only Chris can look too cool while playing Connect Four!
JENGA!


I left our mark :-)

He won.


On our way to San Jose for the race Expo

Rock and Roll San Jose Half  Marathon Expo

My handsome running buddy!

San Jose has a fabulous outdoor food market.  We loved it!

My giant burrito!

Decadent crepes!

Doing my pre-race pigeon stretch.

Right before the race.  I  was so excited!

Post race picture with our medals!
I finished in 1:55, taking 5 minutes of my time I got in March.
Chris was very happy to be done.  He did great- finishing at 2:06.

Post race beer

Chris' post race beer!

We LOVED San Jose and wished we could have stayed there longer.

We got to have dinner back in San Fran
 with Katie and her husband Markus.
Katie was my next door neighbor/best friend  when my family lived in
 Colorado in the 80's.  I hadn't seen her in over 20 years!
It was wonderful to see her and catch up.  

San Fran firetruck.
Chris enjoyed talking to firemen in both San Fran and San Jose.

At the top of Coit Tower!
It was a lot of steps up and down for the day after a half marathon!

View from the top.



Alcatraz

Chris riding the cable cars.


Reading and relaxing in Washington Square Park.

There was good people watching!
This guy was practicing tricks with fake pizza dough!

Beautiful church right by our bed and breakfast.

I didn't get pictures of our trip to Fisherman's Wharf  but we did go and we did have the clam chowder!

We had a wonderful time. We missed the girls, but knew they were in great hands. 
Thanks to my parents for allowing us this opportunity together and for taking such great care of our loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment