The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tiny Dancer

It soon may be time to sign Ryan up for dance class.  She has been showing an interest in both dance and ballet.  I had planned to start her in dance this fall but she refused to try on ballet slippers when we took her shopping for her birthday.  I decided that was a sign that she wasn't ready and that I would be wasting my money and time fighting her to do it.  I decided she wasn't ready.  For her third birthday she was given a leotard, tights and ballet slippers from her friend Riley.  Until this week she has refused to try them on.  The latest On Demand of Dora is titled "Dora's Dance Class". It is complete with tutus and slippers.  Ryan asked to put hers on after watching the episode.  She insisted on wearing her Dora panties under her leotard (you can see this in the video!) and she wanted to put the ballet slippers on herself.  She did not want me to help her and she did not want the pink tights anywhere near her! She looked pretty cute dancing along to Dora! I am still going to hold off on signing her up.  If she keeps asking like she has been this week I will be happy to!  Thanks, Dora!




No comments:

Post a Comment