The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

103

All was well with my girls at Central Market!  Everyone felt fine!
The girls were having a blast playing on the play scape and dancing to the live music while I visited with friends.  Chris arrived and suddenly Pea took a turn for the worse.  She just wanted to he held and she felt like she was on fire!  We decided we better get her home and check her temperature.  She had gotten her 15 month shots earlier in the day, so we were pretty sure that was the reason she was hot.  Chris stripped her to her diaper and she fell asleep on the drive home.  When he got her inside he took her temperature and it was 103!!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  None of my kids have ever been that hot!  We quickly ran a cool bath for her and plopped her in.  She was miserable, trembling like a leaf in the tub and reaching up for me to get her out.  I felt so sorry for her. She looked so pitiful! We got some Tylenol in her and put her to bed.  Chris woke up 4 hours later to give her more medicine.  My Sweet Pea slept all night and woke up cool.  Thank goodness!  I guess we can blame the shots.  Nothing like this has ever happened before when the girls get immunizations.  No fun!  I am so glad we are done with immunizations until age four!
Feeling fine the next day.



Popsicle with Pa
All better!

No comments:

Post a Comment