The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Role Model

Mom and I at Sesame Street, 1983
I know how lucky I am to have my Mom in my life.  Not only is she in my life, but she lives a mile away from me and I get to see her almost every day!  And, the few days that I do not get to see her I text or talk to her throughout the day.  The best part is that my girls get to see her all of the time.  They love her so much and she plays such an important and involved role in their lives.  I really don't know what we would do without her. She is such a selfless and thoughtful person. She makes my life so much easier and so much more fun.  She does the same thing for Ryan and Emma.  The only reason I am able to be a good mother is because of her.  She gave me all the tools and has always been such a great example of how to be a mom.  And, she is always there when I need her the most, putting our needs ahead of her own. She is such an amazing person. If I can be the mother/mamaw that she is then I will have accomplished all I need to!
 I love you, Mom. 
Everyday as a mother I hope to become a little more like you. Thanks for everything you do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment