The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Burn Camp Visitors Day 2012 = FAIL!

The girls and I were super excited to go to Burn Camp visitors day to see Chris and the kids!
Sweet Mamaw offered to come along for the road trip.  It turned out to be a disaster of a day.

Ryan patiently waiting for Mamaw to come over so we can leave.

We hit the road during nap time. My girls don't really ever sleep in the car.
We are kind of Nazi's about ensuring they get to nap at home in their bed.
But, today was a special day and Chris really wanted to spend as much time with the kids so we
went during nap time.  Ryan ended up catching a quick 30 minute nap on the way.

Emma and Zeebee (and Mamaw in back) were happy to be out of the car!

This year she could run all over the place!

Ryan and Bunny

We got there in time to swim!








Ryan started to have a rough time on the way to see the horses.  She didn't understand
why she could not ride one while the camp kids were doing their talent show.
I was doing whatever I could to distract her and make her giggle- like letting her put
her grubby hands in my mouth!

I think this was the last picture and moment of happy Munch
(and happy Mommy)

Ryan threw a big tantrum and was 100% uncooperative so we had to walk away from the group.
I had pretty much had it at this point and was kicking myself for not coming after naps.
Chris was disappointed because I told him I thought we should leave.

Pea was having a blast as long as we let her run around wherever she wanted to.


We had only been at camp for a little less than 2 hours (after driving almost 2 to get there) when I decided
we needed to leave.   Mamaw took this one family picture of us before we hit the road.
 We usually stay for dinner and the party, but I had a gut feeling we needed to leave.
Ryan was not acting like herself and I thought the melt downs were only going to intensify.
I had no idea what was about to happen and why she was acting so bad.  I kept thinking it was because
of the short nap, even thought she has skipped naps before and done okay. I was about to find out why! 
We needed to stop and eat since we hadn't had dinner so we decided to stop at the first place we saw.  Ten minutes into the drive Ryan started saying that her tummy hurt.  I thought she needed to poop since she hadn't that day.  We finally found
a hole in the wall Chinese food restaurant in Glenn Rose so we stopped because we were starving and
we thought Ryan needed to use the bathroom.  At this point Ryan was pitiful looking.  She was pale and
lethargic and kept repeating that her tummy hurt. A man in the  restaurant came over and prayed for her, that is how
bad she looked!  Mom held her and then took her to the bathroom to try to poop and get a cold rag.  When they
walked out of the bathroom Ryan started vomiting ALL OVER Mamaw, herself and bunny.  It was a
MESS!  Poor Ryan and poor Mamaw!  Ryan felt horrible and Mamaw was covered in throw up.  Her bra
was actually full of it!  YUCK! After we got everyone semi-cleaned up and our food boxed to go we got in the car to
go the last hour home.  Mamaw rode home braless and shirtless, with a jacket wrapped around her and on towel duty.
Ryan would fall asleep and then wake up and say she needed to throw up again. Mamaw rode in the back holding
a beach towel across Ryan ready for the next explosion.  Thankfully, she did not throw up again and we made it home.
I ran a bath for Ryan and threw Bunny in the washing machine.  Mamaw hopped directly in the shower with Emma
to decon.  After the bath, Ry started to get her color back and she regained some energy.  She asked for toast and
water so I knew she was feeling better.  Mamaw and I ate our Chinese food and I put Ryan to bed.  I went to sleep
 expecting to have a long night of stripping beds and cribs (I figured it was just a matter of time for Emma to start up).
Surprisingly, all three of us slept all night and everyone woke up feeling good! 
One thing I learned (again)- when Ryan acts terrible she is either sick or about to get sick.
Glad I went with my gut and left camp.  And the second thing I was reminded of- MAMAW IS THE BEST!
Ryan looking pitiful and green. 
Mamaw's last few minutes of wearing a clean bra.

No comments:

Post a Comment