The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Fathers Day Weekend 2012

We had a jam packed weekend that included a garage sale, hanging out with my cousins from Colorado, teaching Sunday School and celebrating Chris and Dad!  It was busy, but fun.  The garage sale was a success!  We got rid of a ton of stuff (a lot of baby stuff) and made more money than I expected.  Nice little Fathers Day bonus!

Emma enjoying the donuts Grandpa brought for the garage sale!

Ryan wasn't so sure about the garage sale when she first woke up.

She cheered up quickly. 
Donuts have that effect on us Ivie girls.

Supervisor #1

Supervisor # 2
This picture was taken about an hour before this little toot wandered off! 
We were all distracted with "customers" and realized no one had Emma.
It was SO SCARY!  I ran towards the water and Chris ran towards the street.
He found her running down the middle of the street 4 houses down.
Thank goodness we live in the back of a half circle street- almost no traffic
(unless you are having a kick a$$ garage sale, of course)!
That moment before we found her was one of my top 3 scariest.

Pa - AKA: Garage Sale Godfather

Sweet Mamaw
"I love visiting with all the people!"

Moments after her escape.

My cousin Randy and his wife Amy came and stayed a night at my parents house. 
They had their youngest son Micah with them.  He is just 2 months younger than Emma,
 They had a good time together swimming and playing and we enjoyed catching up.
I failed to take any pictures, but Mom got this one of the two of them.

Ryan waiting for Daddy to come open his gifts on Fathers Day morning.

Daddy with his oldest girl.

Emma was a little preoccupied with her honey nut cheerios

Happy Munch celebrating her Dad!

Our tall, pretty Pea!

Ry Pie

Daddy and his girls after church

Chris and I were supposed to teach one of the 3 year old Sunday school classes together on Fathers Day.
When we got to church they pulled him to the four year old class and I stayed and taught the
three year olds.  When Sunday School was over I went to the classroom Chris had taught and
waited for him to be done. You would have thought I was picking my son up by the response
I got from his co-teacher!  She was full of praises!  "He is so wonderful.  The kids just adore him.
We hope he comes back and subs again. He is a natural. The girls just love him" When I peeked
in he had two little girls hugging his legs and another little girl crying because her mom was there
to pick her up and she didn't want to leave Chris. I just smiled and nodded.
He is the best!

Ryan made this for her Daddy in her Sunday School class

Brunch kisses


Loving her Daddy


Daddy with his youngest girl.

We ran into the Tharps at Rise and Shine!
Ryan helping Pa open his gifts.

Best Grandpa in the world!
He is a terrific Daddy too!

Modeling his new Cowboys shirt from Ryan and Emma

Dad and I enjoying a cup of coffee from his new Keurig.

Emma, hard at work preparing Fathers Day dinner.



Mamaw and Ryan swimming in the rain!





Happy Fathers Day, Chris!
WE LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment