The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

Iron Bladder

That is how I would describe Ryan's bladder.  She can go 8-9 hours during the day without going to the bathroom.  And has ZERO accidents.  She only had accidents the first few weeks of potty training.  She was a super easy kid to potty train and this may be because she has a super human bladder.  Her super human bladder may be because her parents forget to ask her if she needs to go!  No accidents make it easy to forget.  We never put her on a potty schedule when potty training, partly because I read that it was bad to train their bladders to go that much, and secondly because I did not want to take her to the bathroom every 30 minutes (lazy mom!). Either way it worked, and she has been fully potty trained for some time now.  She even wears panties to nap in, and has mastered #2 in the potty.  I have yet to let her try the over night in panties, mostly because I do not want to strip a bed (lazy mom!).  She is probably ready for it though, since there are some days when I cannot remember her ever going to the bathroom!  When I realize that she has not gone to the bathroom in over four (or eight) hours I ask her if she needs to go.  She usually says no, and then a few hours later will tell me she needs to go.  Works great for me!  I just hope this is normal and that my laziness and her brilliance with potty training isn't causing her bladder to take over her insides!

No comments:

Post a Comment