The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Swim Lessons - Week Two

Our second week of swim lessons was a success!  Both girls did great.  We did Humpty Dumpty and submerged both girls (Emma loved it, Ryan tolerated it).  Ryan preferred to do swim lessons with her Daddy or grandparent, so I had Emma all week.  Pa came with us on Wednesday since Chris was at work and witnessed Ryan falling into the pool!  She was dipping her Ariel doll in the pool before class started and I was busy chasing Emma.  She leaned a little too far over the edge and in she went! Mr. Clay was close by setting out noddles so he was able to quickly reach down and drag her out.  Not one cough or cry from Miss Ry Pie!  She was actually really proud of herself.  She kept saying "Pa, I went under and I held my breath up!"  She did great in her lessons and sat on the goodbye fish all week.  The hokey pokey and the pancake song were a hit with Pea Pie.  Mamaw joined us in the pool Friday for our last class.  It was a great year of lessons and I am glad we did it again. It was also really fun to have the Tharps join us this year.  Next year Ryan, Britton and Beckett will all be in the 3 year old class (where the parents don't get in).  I think Ryan will do better because a.) she will really be 3 (almost 4) years old and  b.) she will have her B boys with her!
Mamaw got some "action" shots this week!





The Tharps!





Ivie family swim lessons 2012!

SO adorable.
Ryan was so happy to have her Pa with her for lessons.

Letting Ry bring her Ariel ended up being a bad idea!

"I held my breath up!"
Right after she fell in.

Safe with Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment